Friday, February 10, 2012

What is your favorite Pancake Batter?

When I make pancakes, be they they topped with banana slices, bourbon vanilla (a home made gift from JiMele) and toasted walnuts, filled with chopped up chocolate bits, slathered in maple syrup or simply served with a dusting of cinnamon and powdered sugar, I start by whisking up my favorite pancake batter.


The recipe comes from
Betty Crocker's Cook Book. As opposed to the extra 1-2 tablespoons Betty Suggests, I add an extra quarter up of milk, which thins the batter just the right amount. Otherwise, I have found it best not to deviate from Betty's instructions.

I would, perhaps, some day like to add other, more adventurous pancake recipes to my repertoire. I would love to know a great recipe for Wholewheat pancakes one for Pumpkin Pancakes and one for Crapes. Any suggestions?
 What is your favorite pancake recipe?

But, so far, Betty's is the recipe I have found I can count on for classic, fluffy pancakes that cook just right and dress up any which way I like.


No comments:

Post a Comment