Saturday, December 10, 2011

Red Cabbage Salad

This is a super simple, crunchy, clear (no mayo) and bright coleslaw that I made for dinner a couple of nights ago. Especially in the winter, but really all the time, I think it is important to keep my meals colorful. Side dishes like this really do the trick.
You can just throw it together, without measuring and with any additions or substitutions you like.

Red Cabbage - Grated with a box grater
Carrot - grated with a box grater
Green Onions - chopped
Salt and Sugar - a pinch of each or to taste
Oil and Vinegar - I used Olive Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar, starting with a spoonful of each, mixing and tasting the salad and then adding a bit more of each until I got the flavor balance I wanted (In the end I had about twice as much vinegar as oil).
~ Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment