Monday, March 26, 2012

Chocolate Covered Pretzels

So delicious, and so easy.


I do not have a microwave, so to melt the chocolate I put a glass bowl over a pot of water.  It worked just fine.  I would like to learn a few things about chocolate candy making.  It would be fun, and probably kinda helpful for goodies like this.

Next time I make chocolate covered pretzels I will pay attention to the type of chocolate chips I melt.  I had to taste test (you know how that goes) and was surprised at how tart it was and realized I used bittersweet rather than milk chocolate, oops.


I decided to take advantage of the bittersweet aspect and add some spice.  I sprinkled a bit of Ancho Chili powder and cayenne into the melting chocolate.  I went easy on the spice since I wasn't sure how much it would kick.  It ended up being a pretty tasty amount.  There was just enough heat to leave a warm feeling, and just to be sure I did not confuse the spicy pretzels with the regular ones I lightly sprinkled the batch with paprika.

Rather than dipping the pretzels I put the liquified chocolate goodness in a disposable piping bad and snipped a tiny point off and drizzled it on in a circular motion.  It kept the mess fairly contained, and I could easily control how much chocolate was involved.

Yum.

Enjoy your Monday!

~JiMele

No comments:

Post a Comment